Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:38:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To:        Aaron Parmelee <trout@net66.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xemacs question

>  whenever i run xemacs, the window it appears in is longer than my screen
> is tall, cutting off the menu bar on top. is there a file that i can edit
> that controls the size of the xemacs window?

.Xresources either directly or indirectly can have

Emacs.font:				9x15
Emacs.cursorColor:			CURSOR_COLOR
Emacs.pointerColor:			POINTER_COLOR
Emacs.geometry:				80x64
Emacs.foreground:                       FOREGROUND_TEXT
Emacs.background:			BACKGROUND_TEXT
Emacs.highlight.attributeForeground:    FOREGROUND_TEXT
Emacs.highlight.attributeBackground:    MediumVioletRed
Emacs.region.attributeForeground:       FOREGROUND_TEXT
Emacs.region.attributeBackground:       BlueViolet
Emacs.pane.menubar.background:          grey
Emacs.pane.menubar.buttonForeground:    red
Emacs.pane.menubar.buttonBackground:    BlueViolet
Emacs.menu*.background:                 grey

etc.