Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:29:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Readle <patterner@rocketmail.com>
To:        Dave Wiebe <doft_w@yahoo.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse

I had a similar problem when I tried to set my mouse to protocol Auto (as
an attempt to get my mouse wheel working, THAT didn't work, but I later
found something that did).  I would try setting your protocol to Sysmouse,
especially if if works in terminal mode.  You'll also want to make sure
your device setting is /dev/sysmouse.

chris