Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:31:24 -0800
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   external flatscreen with Thinkpad T42

My T42 display first went pink on powerup (but would warm up
to normal colors), then it would turn off intermittently and
now it turns off within a second on power up.  Has anyone
tried repairing this?  Supposedly a new inverter card or a
new CCRT is needed....

Temporarily I have attached an external Samsung flatscreen
display to the T42.  It has a resolution of 1680x1050 but it
comes up in 1024x768 mode and everything is horizontally
stretched.  I would like to use it in a higher res mode and
more importantly to avoid the stretching.  Does any one have
a xorg.conf that I can use as a starting point for an
external display with higher res?  If it matters, I am
running -current and xorg-6.9.0 Thanks!

-- bakul