Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 15:18:47 +0200
From:      Mads Rasmussen <v122mr@tbt.kol.ou.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printer accounting

Dear Sirs,

My name is Mads Rasmussen, I am a system maneger at a student residence
hall in Denmark.
I have some problems implementing printer accounting on our freebsd
server.
I have tried finding something like JetAdmin but there doesn't seem to
be a version avaiable for the freebsd.
I have also tried experimenting with some scripts run through the
printcap file but with no luck.
I wonder if any of you have come across a reasonable solution and would
like to hear from you. If you are not the rigth people to ask, then
please give me some pointers as to where I should go.

Our printer is a HP 6P and we're running FreeBSD ver. 2.1

With regards

Mads Rasmussen
v122mr@tbt.kol.ou.dk