Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:53:40 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn@freenet.de>
To:        Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: request: LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:44:12 +0200
Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@gmail.com> wrote:

> > WHy not just build from source?
>
> Because expecting users to build from source to install or update
> their systems in the year 2009 is an outdated concept, this is why we
> have freebsd-update in the first place.

This is such a load of BS I could fertilize 100 acres with it.

In this day of inexpensive computers with fast mulit-core CPUs and
gigabytes of memory this argument is completely lame.

Fifteen years ago I would have agreed, because it took days to build
world and the kernel.  Been there, done that.

---
Gary Jennejohn