Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 2009 00:50:48 +0000
From:      Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>
To:        Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade for binaries fails miserably, but not completely

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 07:47:03PM -0800, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Greetings again. I used freebsd-update to upgrade a system from 7.1
> to 7.2. The main upgrade went fine, but upgrading the ports had huge
> problems. It could not find most (but not all) of the packages to
> upgrade. A typical part of the failure looks like:
>
> --->  Checking for the latest package of 'lang/python25' --->
[snip]

You don't mention what command you are using to upgrade your
ports/packages.

You do realise that you don't have to upgrade your ports if you go
from 7.1 to 7.2. You can do but don't have to.

You should upgrade python25 to python26. See /usr/ports/UPDATING dated
20090608 for instructions on how to do so.

Regards,

--

 Frank