Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 22:50:59 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        marcus@marcuscom.com
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here's Lumiere 0.4 ports..

>On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 22:15, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> > ><snip>
> > >
> > >I just installed lumiere with the added BUILD_DEPENDS, and it installed
> > >just fine.  configure found mplayer in /usr/local/bin.  Try unstalling
> > >lumiere and mplayer, and see if you encounter the same problem.
> >
> > Yeah, BUILD_DEPENDS works fine, so delete RUN_DEPENDS, correct? With or
> > without the RUN_DEPENDS, it will work perfect when we use BUILD_DEPENDS
> > instead. Just wondering, do you understand or know what's wrong with
>MPlayer
> > under RUN_DEPENDS?
>
>You need to keep both.  I didn't see a problem with RUN_DEPENDS.  See:
>
>===>  Installing for lumiere-0.4
>===>   lumiere-0.4 depends on executable: mplayer - found
>===>   lumiere-0.4 depends on file: /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/.keep_me -
>found

I think, you misunderstand, I misread or my English grammar isn't clear. :-)
I only see the problem with the RUN_DEPENDS when it has no mplayer in
BUILD_DEPENDS. So, why do we need two mplayer in the two different
*_DEPENDS?

-With mplayer in BUILD_DEPENDS, so either with or without RUN_DEPENDS. It
does the same thing, so I don't understand why we still need the
RUN_DEPENDS?

-Without mplayer in BUILD_DEPENDS, so without have MPlayer installed and
RUN_DEPENDS doesn't work at all.

I am just trying to understand, because I fail to see the point of still
need RUN_DEPENDS.

Thanks for being patient.. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz