Date:      Sun, 02 Jan 2000 01:31:25 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xntpd - VERY old folks, how about updating? :-)

In message <20000101182650.B17456@Denninger.Net>, Karl Denninger writes:

>Yes, and my driftfile had that parameter in there.  Uhm, Poul, remember I've
>been at this for just a LITTLE while.  Xntpd is something I had deployed
>back in my *Sun* days (back when FreeBSD was, well, non-existent)

Karl, remember who was there too ? :-)

>> Anyway, ntpd4 is in CURRENT...
>
>Now it is.
>
>And it works correctly too.

In general yes, but not if you use the hardpps() with a refclock,
it works better after I fixed a couple of almost-mutually-canceling
sign-bugs, but the parameters of the hardpps() PLL relative to the
FLL are wrong.

>Thanks anyway, even with the attitude.

Many happy returns :-)

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!