Date:      Tue, 04 Apr 2000 13:36:00 -0500
From:      Alan Edmonds <alan.edmonds@sterling.com>
To:        DK <dmk0242@rit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support for Laptop

I've loaded 4.0 on my Lattitude CP (older model),
PII 233 MHz.  Works mostly fine.  I haven't gotten
sound to work, but it's not a priority.

Suggestion:  For some of the specific hardware,
it would be nice to have a collection of
GENERIC kernel config files tweaked for the
particular hardware.  It would give people a place
to start trying to get specific areas working.

This isn't as feasible for generic PC hardware since
it's so varied, but for highly integrated machines
it might be useful.
--
Alan Edmonds, KB5ZUY               Sterling Software
                                   M/S 132