Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 15:39:29 +0000
From:      Suresh Nalluri <nallurs@gb.swissbank.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        nallurs@gb.swissbank.com
Subject:   Help... configuring and mounting SCSI disks in FreeBSD

Hi,

I have a question.

I have a PC with FreeBSD installed already. It uses sd0 as the device
on which it is installed.  Now I have another disk on device sd1 which I'd like
to use as just mounted on /NewDisk.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I used the DOS version of FDISK to get the geometry and set up the whole
disk ( 1 Gb ) as one partition.  Then I used the FreeBSD version of FDISK to
change the type of partition to FreeBSD.  I couldn't get disklabel to work so
I used the sysintall utility on the FreeBSD boot floppy, but that
thinks that you are going to install FreeBSD.  I don't want this.

thanks in advance - suresh