Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 09:56:56 CDT
From:      Dave Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net>
To:        universe <universe@truemetal.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD And OS X

> doesn't matter, because running such a divine OS like FreeBSD (or its
> software packages respectively) under a macintosh environment/on a
> macintosh
> machine is just... BLASPHEMY!

Man I hope you are not serious.  I would take a PowerPC chip over Intel
compatible rubbish any day.  128 bit vector procession on the G4 rocks....

Apple has new machines at 733Mhz <probably faster in most applications than
a 1Ghz Intel> and it comes with a Gigbit Ethernet card.  Not that I can
afford the switch to use it but if you are into clustering applications and
stuff <its my job... I have to be into clustering> this system is ideal.

I never cared much for the Mac GUI/Environment and found that running linux
was the best way to get maximum value out of a Mac.  I have heard that FBSD
is has PowerPC support on the way.

If this is true I'd like to get me an IBM RS/6000 and a Mac to try it out.

Dave <Leimy>