Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:44:17 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E1bor_K=F6vesd=E1n?= <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yoshihiro Ota <ota@j.email.ne.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jakarta-tomcat v.s. tomcat

Yoshihiro Ota escribió:
> Hello, forks.
>
> There are 2 directories for apache-tomcat like the following.
>
> % ls -d */*tomcat*
> java/eclipse-sysdeo-tomcat      www/tomcat41
> www/jakarta-tomcat4             www/tomcat55
> www/jakarta-tomcat5             www/tomcat6
> www/tomcat-native
>
> When I diffed ver. 5 dirs, they looked similar except versions.
> Does anyone know the differences between jakarta-tomcat and tomcat under the ports?

Afaik, it used to be known as Jakarta-Tomcat, but its new name is
Tomcat. If you observe it well www/tomcat41 and www/tomcat55 are much
newer version than www/jakarta-tomcat4 and www/jakarta-tomcat5 and there
isn't even www/jakarta-tomcat6. I suggest you should just use
www/tomcat6. I'm also planning to use it and I succeeded to install it
without problems and I can reach it through the port 8180.

--
Gabor Kovesdan

EMAIL: gabor@FreeBSD.org
WWW:   http://www.kovesdan.org