Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 01:16:03 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        gorski@poboxes.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hylafax faxgetty eats 100% CPU on 3.0-980304-SNAP

On %M 0, gorski@poboxes.com wrote:

> On my 3.0-980304-SNAP the Hylafax faxgetty prg eats the whole
> CPU time, but works. Does anybody has the same problem and is
> there a solution?
>
> Thanks for information & advice.

In the configure program add freebsd to the list of OSes that
need O_RDWR when dealing with FIFOs.

/usr/ports/comms/hylafax/work/hylafax-v4.0pl1/configure
around line 1655:

        *-ultrix*)      CONFIG_OPENFIFO=O_RDWR;;
        *-freebsd*)     CONFIG_OPENFIFO=O_RDWR;;	#<add this line
        *-solaris*)     CONFIG_OPENFIFO=O_RDWR;;

Then configure and rebuild everything.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>