Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:23:42 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Andrew Maltsev <am@amsoft.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   moused & X11

Hi!

My usual configuration is 11 virtual consoles and XFree on ttyvb with
xdm runned. It looks like it's not possible to have such layout in 2.2
freebsd with moused enabled. Am I rigth?  I understand the reason, but I
think something should be done to fix a problem.

Correct me, if I'm on wrong way, but I see two methods:

1) To create a named socket, to which moused will copy all data from mouse
port and to have XFree to read this socket as a mouse. It looks easy and
I'm going to try..

2) I'm not very well know what's happend when X11 activated/deactivated.
Is it possible for user process (moused) to be warned of such event to
release /dev/mouse (or what it is runned on) to make it possible for
XFree to communicate with mouse?

Any suggestions?

Andrew Maltsev

P.S. I'm not subscribed to freebsd-hackers, so please don't exclude my
address from your answers..

--
am