Date:      18 Apr 2003 00:20:36 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Nautilus 2.2.3.1 crashes if I enter themes:/// (seg fault)..

--=-KFsRMLoBj+UnQ0O8FxA0

On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 00:04, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> Here's what I get from the Bug Buddy's Backtrace following:

Bug-buddy's backtraces can be quite useless sometimes.  It might be
better to bind gdb to a running Nautilus then capture the the bt once it
dies.

[snip]

>=20
> If there's something else you want me to do, please let me know.

I was able to use themes:/// in -STABLE.  I wonder if this is a malloc
bug.  Can you do ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf, and see if the problem
persists?

>=20
> Oh btw: Is there any root session that use PAM or something else in Gnome=
2=20
> for FreeBSD? Like, RedHat has it. I never like to login as root, so I=20
> personal perfer to use su and something like what RedHat does by popup a=20
> password dialog and will be login for a few minutes and kill the session.=
 I=20
> am looking for this, so I can use the burn:///.. If none, then I can twea=
k=20
> the cd permission to my user account thought.

There is a GNOME su (like KDE has), but I don't think it offers what
you're looking for.  If it were me, I'd play with the permissions on the
CD /dev entry.

Joe