Date:      Thu, 01 Aug 2019 12:29:46 +0530
From:      "Philip Paeps" <philip@freebsd.org>
To:        "FreeBSD Ports ML" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Possible issues with FreeBSD ports ML?

On 2019-08-01 11:35:54 (+0530), Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Over the past dy and a half there have been no posts on the ports
> list. The last user-posted message was on July 29 at 23:30:51. There
> was a message from portscout about 14 yours later, but nothing else.
> This is based on the contents of the ML archive, not just what I have
> been seeing. Others of the dozen FreeBSD lists I read have also been a
> bit quiet with only a very small number of posts.
> postmaster@freebsd.org is aware of what I have seen but have not been
> able to confirm a problem.
>
> If this message actually got to you and you have sent a message to
> ports or some other list after 16:00 UTC on July 30, please DO NOT
> reply to the list, but send me a note with the ML to which the post
> was sent and the time the post was sent (or your best guess) and/or
> postmaster@freebsd.org.  Mail log entries would be especially useful.
>
> Perhaps nothing is wrong, but to go two days with only about a dozen
> messages from several normally active lists like ports, current,
> stable, and x11.
>
> As I may be wrong and everyone who normally would post have all taken
> summer vacation at the same time. If so, I do apologize for wasting
> your time.

As far as postmaster can tell, mail is flowing normally.

If your messages to FreeBSD mailing lists are bouncing or being delayed,
please try to reach out to postmaster@FreeBSD.org so we can investigate.
  Given the volume of mail that goes through FreeBSD.org, debugging
problems is difficult without at least some details about specific
messages or hosts to grep for.

Philip [hat: postmaster]

--
Philip Paeps