Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:54:01 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        searle@longacre.demon.co.uk, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OnStream

Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> wrote:

> >      Let me clarify my posting: I think Matthew and others have been
> > doing an incredible job with FreeBSD, and I appreciate all that they've
> > done.  I'm *NOT* complaining.  They have a real job, and real lives ;-),
> > and events beyond their control occasionally prevent them from working
> > on FreeBSD.  This is, after all, a voluntary and unpaid effort.
>
> Darryl- I appreciate that, and it's true. However, I'm still a putz- I
> haven't come close to fulfilling all the promises I've made. Sigh.

     Well, your approach is the right one.  If I ever finish my
(userland) driver program for the OnStream SC30, it'll have a fair
number of limitations, and will probably not follow the ADR
specifications.  I just need something that'll work with dump(1).

     Basically, I've got lots to do (and I'm lazy ;-), and so I'd much
rather have others do the work (and take the glory ;-).

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.