Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:04:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port seahorse won't upgrade properly

Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> wrote: On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:36:18 -0500, Dino Vliet
wrote:

> I've continued with the seahorse problem. In /usr/ports/UPDATING I
> couldn't find anything regarding seahorse!

The gnome-keyring-manager is in /usr/ports/MOVED for gnome-keyring-manager
-> seahorse. For some reason, your portupgrade doesn't remove and replace
to seahorse by itself. I don't know what happened.

> So I removed gnome-keyring-manager as you suggested.
> Then I did a portsnap fetch update.
>
> I then tried to install seahorse but got the following error:
>
> ===>   epiphany-2.22.1.1 depends on shared library: ORBit-2.0 - found
> ===>   epiphany-2.22.1.1 depends on shared library: pango-1.0.0 - found
> ===>  Configuring for epiphany-2.22.1.1

> checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C++ compiler...
> checking for DEPENDENCIES... configure: error: Package requirements (
>                   glib-2.0 >= 2.16.0
>                   gmodule-2.0
>                   gio-unix-2.0 >= 2.16.0
>                   gtk+-2.0 >= 2.12.0
>                   gtk+-unix-print-2.0 >= 2.12.0
>                   libxml-2.0 >= 2.6.12
>                   libxslt >= 1.1.7
>                   libgnome-2.0 >= 2.14.0
>                   libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.14.0
>                   libglade-2.0 >= 2.3.1                   gconf-2.0
>                   gnome-desktop-2.0 >= 2.9.91
>                   libstartup-notification-1.0 >= 0.5
>                   libnotify >= 0.4
>                   ) were not met:
> Package gnome-keyring-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gnome-keyring-1.pc'
> Package 'gnome-keyring-1', required by 'libgnomeui', not found

> What now?
>
> I really don't have a clue.
>
> Hope you can help me out,

Let me guess, you have selected to disable KEYRING option? It looks like
this part is our fault. In Seahorse 2.22, it no longer provide option,
which it required to have gnome-keyring dependency. I will fix it when I
get back this afternoon by remove KEYRING option and depend on
gnome-keyring. Meaning time, you can re-enable KEYRING and it should
install Seahorse.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team

Uuuhhh, ok, you've got me here, I'm LOST.
What KEYRING option? I didn't recall (dis)abling any option.
I just want to install seahorse via the make install distclean command in the seahorse port directory and keep getting an error.

Just tried it tonight again and this was the result:

checking whether the c++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... freebsd6.3 ld.so
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for f77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if f77 PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if f77 static flag -static works... yes
checking if f77 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the f77 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... freebsd6.3 ld.so
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of cc... (cached) gcc3
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of cc... (cached) gcc3
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of c++... (cached) gcc3
checking for glib-genmarshal... /usr/local/bin/glib-genmarshal
checking for glib-mkenums... /usr/local/bin/glib-mkenums
checking for intltool >= 0.35.0... 0.36.2 found
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... ok
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking what warning flags to pass to the C compiler...
checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C compiler...
checking what warning flags to pass to the C++ compiler... -Wall -Wno-unused
checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C++ compiler...
checking for DEPENDENCIES... yes
checking for DBUS... yes
checking for dbus-binding-tool... /usr/local/bin/dbus-binding-tool
Using config source xml:merged:/usr/local/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults for schema installation
Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema files
checking for gconftool-2... /usr/local/bin/gconftool-2
checking for mkdtemp... yes
checking for which engine to use... mozilla
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking which gecko to use... firefox
checking manual gecko home set... checking for compiler -fshort-wchar option... yes
checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
checking whether we have a xpcom glue... no
checking for gecko version... 1.8.1
checking nspr in gecko... no
checking nspr in system... yes
checking whether we can compile and run XPCOM programs... no
configure: error: Cannot compile and run XPCOM programs
See `config.log' for more details.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome@FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/www/epiphany/work/epiphany-2.22.1.1/config.log", (b) the output
of the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1) with
the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
(gnome@FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/seahorse.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/seahorse.

So still no solution for seahorse.
Hope you know what's wrong and how it can be solved.

Brgds
Dino

 between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99