Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:54:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE+SCSI on same card...

Forwarded message:
From: "John M. Ruschmeyer" <jruschme@csc.com>
To: "'Bill/Carolyn Pechter'" <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
Cc: "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject: RE: Smart Connex PM2001 SCSI -- IDE+SCSI
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:53:56 -0500
Sender: owner-questions@freebsd.org

Actually, that's not *quite* correct. The IDE drive would look like one drive.
All the SCSI drives would then be RAIDed together into a single large drive.
(I have no idea how it determined what blocks to put on what drive.)

It did work well with Linux. I also seem to remember getting some version
of BSD to install on it. (Probably and old 386BSD.)

<<<John>>>

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 This message brought to you by the letters VAX and the numbers 11 and 780.