Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:27:58 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd box as a porn filter?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Chip wrote:

> Fernando Gleiser wrote:
>
> > Install squid, it is an HTTP proxy/cache with filtering capabilities.
> > It is in the ports (/usr/ports/www/squid2[234]).
> >

> Would this work in addition to an existing natd/firewall/router box?
> Or in place of it/part of it?

They are complementary. What you do is block all access to port 80, 443, etc
on the router/firewall if it is not comming from the proxy.

pass in on <if> proto tcp from <proxy ip> to any port = 80 flags S keep state
block return-rst in on <if> proto tcp all

add the apropiate rules for https, etc.

				Fer