Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:51:22 -0600
From:      "Gene Harris" <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FrontPage 2000 Security Problem

I assume you have gone through many of the "standard" security issues.
(if not, visit http://freebsd.lanfear.com/howtos/frontpage.html)

One issue that is not discussed:

If you create a new virtual web, AND you make yourself the
administrator, AND you give the fpsrvadm.exe program the same password
that you use on your Win32 machine, THEN fp will automatically log you
on using your Win32 log in and password.

To test if this is the problem, open the fp virtual web and then click
on tools -> security.  Change your FrontPage password or remove
yourself from the permissions list, exit fp, restart fp and you will
probably need to enter a password.  You can also have someone on a
different machine/different log in name open the web using fp.
Chances are, they'll have to use a password.

I hope this helps.

Gene