Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:45:07 +0100
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI problems with Dell laptops? (was: Jerky keyboard and mouse)

Indeed.  After all, you're quoting yourself :-)  I said:

>> This, however, is a order of magnitude worse than what I have
>> experienced with my Inspiron 6100.

In particular, I didn't get any dropped characters.  And I note that
I've misquoted the model number; it's an Inspiron 6000, not 6100 (I
don't think the latter exists).

>> What happens when you ping another system?  I found that the ping
>> time was normal (in the order of 1 µs), but it repeated only every
>> 3 seconds.  When I unloaded ACPI, things worked normally.
>
> Not loading ACPI fixed my issues too.  I'd be more than happy to
> help any testing that may develop.

I would have been interested to hear the results of the ping.  But
yes, it would be nice to get the machine to work nicely with ACPI.

Greg