Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:13:26 +0200
From:      Oleg Kozheltsev <axel@dnepr.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI resume event and devd

Oleg Kozheltsev wrote:
> On my notebook (Compaq Armada M700, 6.1), after sleep state mouse
> freeze. So, I added in devd.conf action for restart moused. But, as I
> can see, devd don't catch ACPI Button 0x00 event (run him with -Dd flags
> and don't see any new strings at all), but kernel write "wakeup from
> sleeping state (slept 00:00:31)" in logger right. Also, devd catching
> and working on with all other ACPI event's correctly (Button 0x01, Lid,
> etc). Searched some info on the web, try some tips, but any luck...
If somebody interesting, the other way to do this is:

sysctl -w hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=NONE

notify 10 {
         match "system"          "ACPI";
         match "subsystem"       "Button";
	match "notify"          "0x01";
         action                  "/usr/sbin/acpiconf -s 3";
};

And rc.suspend and rc.resume will be executed (acpiconf(8)).