Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 17:44:51 +0100
From:      erakupa@kk.etx.ericsson.se (ETX-B-SL Martti Kuparinen)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic: npxintr from nowhere

What does this message mean, i.e. what's this npxintr thing?

I have a Weighted Fair Queue packet scheduler (as LKM) and I
sometimes (=randomly) see this message. Let say I have a code fragment

	printf("Position 1\n");
	function();

and the function is

	int function()
	{
		printf("function\n");
	}

When this error occurs, I can see

	Position 1
	npxintr: npxproc = 0x0, curproc = 0x0, npx_exists = 1
	panic: npxintr from nowhere

Why does it crash when/before executing the function? Memory leak
somewhere? ``netstat -m'' does not show any leak during execution.

Corrupted instruction pointer? Why does it "find" the first
printf line?

/Martti