Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:55:04 +1000
From:      Michael Vince <mv@thebeastie.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oracle 10g on FreeBSD

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Michael Vince <mv@thebeastie.org> (from Fri, 27 Apr 2007
> 13:11:07 +1000):
>
>> I have been contemplating buying a high end server and running a lot of
>> stuff on it in jails including Oracle 10g under linux emu.
>> I would be using Amd64 as the server would have 8gigs of ram or more.
>
> You will not be able to use this much of RAM in linux programs. Only
> 32bit linux programs run on amd64 so far.

The idea behind using Amd64 FreeBSD is just to be able to use a lot of
ram for the other regular jails etc.
The Linux Oracle would be the 32bit version, Oracle unlike MySQL appears
to slice it self up into a lot of smaller sized processes a lot like
Postgres.
Do you think I would have any issues using it this way?

Thanks