Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 13:07:00 +0200
From:      Kai Schmidt <ks@hirvi.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD 3.1 on a Multia box

On 03.05.99, 03:59:16 Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

Hi Jordan,

> considerable number of packages available for it..  Making the CD
> bootable, however, still won't be an option until somebody shows
> us how to do it. :)

After several installs of Alpha boxes with Free BSD, Linux and DU I believe
that this is a slighly difficult task. Normaly Alphas come up in the console
mode which is either the srm or arc console.

I have never seen an Alpha trying to boot from floppy or cdrom by itself (
without configuring )

--
Bye!
- Kai Schmidt -