Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:23:03 +0000
From:      Peter Maxwell <peter@allicient.co.uk>
To:        "M. Keith Thompson" <m.keith.thompson@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp problem

2010/1/6 M. Keith Thompson <m.keith.thompson@gmail.com>:
> I have a very screwy problem. =A0I have a pure-ftp server running pf on
> FreeBSD 7.0. =A0For the most part the server works fine; users upload
> and download multi-megabyte files daily. =A0However, I have one client
> (HP-UX) that can not get files larger that 98K. =A0If I turn off pf, it
> works fine. =A0The pflog does not show any packets from the IP that does
> not work. =A0I am totally lost; any ideas?

Off the top of my head: packet normalisation/scrub directives, the
other one would be to post your ruleset and a tcpdump of the session
so folk have something to work with.

Also, what happens to the FTP data and control connections - do they
just stall or are the RSTs, etc?  What does your state table show?