Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 1996 00:17:05 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sios w or w/o fifo - a difference for FreeBSD?

Hi, Reference:
> From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
> Subject: Re: sios w or w/o fifo - a difference for FreeBSD?
> Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 13:07:51 +0100
>

> I wonder if it might be crucial to use a FIFO sio rather than
> a normal 16550 in a serial card when dealing with modems at higher
> speeds.
>
> Is this an issue for FreeBSD given that the sios are interrupt driven
> anyway?

I still run my slip con. to my isp with a 16450 (multiport) at 57600
Ive got 2 '550s here, but one board'd need desoldering, & the board
in the other box is socketed, but rejects em, so haven't got round to it,
yet, my sys does take a hammering when I'm connected, but I drive it hard,
i run hardware flow control.

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/