Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:08:14 +0300
From:      "Vlad GALU" <dudu@dudu.ro>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   [FYI] Unionfs hosed by weekly cronjobs

    I added the FYI tag in the subject of this message in order to let
you know that apart from noticing the symptom, I don't have any other
useful info.
    The machine in question runs the latest RELENG_7 and used to have
/usr/ports mounted "below" twice in two different jails. Other mount
flags are rw and noatime.
    Whenever the weekly jobs start, the system freezes. Ping still
works, however. I couldn't test each weekly script because I don't
have physical access to this machine and am currently away from my
office. Switching to nullfs for the aforementioned mountpoints worked
around the issue, at the cost of eliminating the possibility of
building the same port in different jails. When I get back to my
office I'll try to reproduce the problem, but if anybody can do it in
the meantime, even better.

    Thanks,
    Vlad.

--