Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 15:36:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Elfkit release 1.1 is now available

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, invalid opcode wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, John Polstra wrote:
> > WHAT ELSE WILL I NEED?
> >
> >     * gcc-2.7.2.tar.gz, from any GNU site.
> >     * binutils-2.6.tar.gz, from any GNU site.
> >     * The sources for libc, from FreeBSD-2.1.0-RELEASE.
> >     * The /usr/include tree from FreeBSD-2.1.0-RELEASE.
>
> So I need all this crap just to execute Linux ELF programs?!?! That's
> like 8+ megs just for the source! If all I want to do is exceute Linux
> ELF binaries, for instance, ls; do I even need Elfkit?

	This is what you would require to make a FreeBSD ELF Binary, not
to run Linux ELF Binaries.

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc