Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 01:08:11 +0100
From:      Mats Lofkvist <mal@algonet.se>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        smpatel@wam.umd.edu, DARREND@novell.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org, jkh@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yes!!! Netscape and Java for BSDI - Reply - Reply

I'm also having the problems with java applets. The only clue so far is
a "warning: cannot allocate colormap entry for default background" dialog
box when I set "show java console" under the options menu. I have no idea
what the java console is supposed to look like, can't see anything on
screen looking like a java console when I try an applet. The show console
options is also always unselected when I restart netscape, even if I select
it and then save options.

garm>netscape -v
Netscape 3.0b2/export, 22-Mar-96; (c) 1995,1996 Netscape Communications Corp.
garm>uname -a
FreeBSD garm 2.1-STABLE FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE #0: Sat Feb 24 22:07:05 MET 1996     mats@garm:/usr/src/sys/compile/GARM  i386

      _
Mats Lofkvist