Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 16:43:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Daniel Szlaga <mszlaga@wormhole.szlaga.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are there any IDE/ATAPI based CD-DA extractors?

Greetings,
   I have been looking around the ports sub tree and through the mailing list
archives, but I cannot seem to find an answer to my question.  I am basically
trying to find an ATAPI solution to do CD-DA extraction.  I did see
audio/ripit-atapi in the ports tree and attempted to build it.  It would seem
though that the programs have not been updated with the new SCSI CAM system.
The main one being CDD.  This fails when compiling every time and I don't know
enough about the new subsystem to fix the program.
   I have also tried to use known atapi based programs that function under
Linux.  The only one I got to run so far is cdparanoia, but it was unable to
access and use the cdrom device.
   I'm at a loss here...  I want to do CD-DA extraction, but cannot because I
cannot find a suitable program to do the extraction.  Is there any software
that I am forgetting about?
   One other thing, I have noticed that applications like mkisofs also fail
on compile.

OS: FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE (iso file from ftp.freebsd.org)
CDROM: Mitsumi FX4820T

   All files have been updated to current using cvsup, but no make world has
been done.

Thanks a bunch,
Mark Szlaga
mark@szlaga.net

Mark Szlaga      mszlaga@szlaga.net      http://www.szlaga.net/~mszlaga/
/dev/hdb5 - 0.5Gb of spinning metal, all alone in the night...
- unknown - alt.sysadmin.recovery
/dev/hdb5 - our last best hope for free space...
- Chip Salzenberg - <chip@pobox.com>