Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:13:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@video-collage.com>
Subject:   Re: Stopping the bloody cross posting.

Tim Vanderhoek once stated:

=> Those people can then apply their own technology and replicate messages
=> locally, I think. There is no technical nor human reason/justification
=> for the identical messages to be sent to the person more then once.

=It's no inconvenience for you to remove dups based on message-ID.
=For the other side, however, you seem to forget that the one and
=only blessed field for filtering is Sender:, and last time I
=checked, each Sender: field lists only one -list address.  To
=follow-through your suggestion, the Sender: field would need to
=list multiple addresses...

First, I do not see anything wrong with Sender listing multiples.
Second, what's wrong with relying on To: and/or Cc:?

As a matter of fact, a custom X-Something header can be introduced
with all sorts of information needed for somebody's mail handling
scripts.

I just find it silly to duplicate messages on the hub, when they
can easily be replicated by the receiver (if he/she wants to) for
some sort of archiving. The Internet gets plenty of traffic from
dummies already...

	-mi