Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 12:59:31 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Horror story

> I posted it here and not in questions because whenever I have posted a
> problem in questions, my mail box was swamped by multitude of rude
> messages, essentially telling me that if I am stupid I should not run Unix.

	On the same note; there's a reason why he forwarded it to
-questions. -newbies is meant to be a place for newbies to find out where
to get help from. It is also a place for us to communicate away from the
'you're stupid chatter.' Admittedly there is tons of it on -questions,
usually because nobody takes the time to search the mailing lists. 30
seconds of searching would have uncovered you answer, multiple times...:)
	Honestly, your question is beyond even me, simply because I no
longer use IDE drives in any of my computers! :) If I ever have to install
FreeBSD on a multi-gig IDE drive, I'll be sure to check out the mailing
list archives myself.

					Rick