Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2019 17:54:27 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox or what?

On 8/12/19 5:37 PM, hw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does any of the Firefox versions that can be installed with pkg
> actually work?  Firefix continues to freeze, crash, being unable to
> remember its settings, to not show up at all when starting it other
> than in the process list, and it usually can't be killed even with
> kill -9.

I'm using firefox-esr on 11.2/amd64 and I don't have so many problems
(although it sometimes hangs and I've incurred in a couple of bugs).

What FreeBSD version are you using?
Did you read pkg message?
Other details on your system?

> what's the alternative?

Now, that's a good point; so far my dislike of FireFox is constantly
growing, by I failed to find an alternative.
What I tried:

_ Chromium: while I just don't like it in general (and I don't like
FireFox more and more mimicking it), it's the OmniBar which make me
avoid it at all costs;

_ PaleMoon: more or less worked (altough some sites refuse it), but it's
now gone like SeaMonkey;

_ Falkon: seems quite light; unfortunately it hangs much more frequently
than FireFox (I'll try again after the upgrade to 11.3).

If someone comes up with other options I might be glad to try them :)

  bye & Thanks
	av.