Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 14:11:59 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   The truth about NT

Not really a FreeBSD topic, but amusing all the same.

I've just found an old (Spring 1994) copy of the Sun UK User Group
magazine. The News section contained the following item...

	"Sun has re-considered the platform it will use to
	'productize' NT on. It will be using the 64-bit
	UltraSPARC processor instead of SuperSPARC II. The
	UltraSPARC chip is [..tech details snipped..]. It
	appears that NT could do with all the help it get.
	The French journal 'INFORMATIQUE' recently published
	an in-depth article under the headline: 'Windows-NT,
	does it have a future?'. The conclusion is that NT
	is a terminal case, crippled by glaring bugs, basic
	design flaws and rejection by the marketplace. I've
	never used it, so couldn't comment."

Hmm. The only thing that seems to have changed in four years is that
Sun are no longer 'productizing' NT :-)

--
  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com