Date:      Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:47:02 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org>
Cc:        xfce@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Subject:   Re: x11-fm/thunar Build error

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 8 January 2012 17:47, Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu> wrote:
> >

> >> checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
> >> checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
> >> checking for perl >= 5.8.1... 5.14.2
> >> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> >> required for intltool
> >> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> >> Please report the problem to xfce@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
> the
> >> "/usr/ports/x11-fm/thunar/**work/Thunar-1.3.0/config.log" including the
> >> output
> >> of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
> >> provide
> >> an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
> >> /var/db/pkg`).
> >> *** Error code 1
> >>
> >> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-fm/thunar.
> >> *** Error code 1
> >>
> >> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-fm/thunar.
> >>
> >> ===>>> make failed for x11-fm/thunar
> >> ===>>> Aborting update
> >>
> >> Assuming p5-XML-Parser is installed, re-install it. While I don't
> > understand why, several times I have gotten this error on various ports
> and
> > simply re-installing the port seems to fix it.
>
> Did you update your perl without reinstalling p5-\*?

Nope. I always either run the after-update script or reinstall ports
dependent on perl and make sure that the version-specific directories are
empty, depending on what /usr/ports/UPDATING says to do. I've hit the
problem with p5-XML-Parse on several occasions, on various systems. I'll
admit that it was easier to re-install then to try to track down what was
actually failing.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com