Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:48:01 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wpi: "Radio transmitter is turned off"

I'm running 7 on an IBM Lenovo T61.

I'm having some weirdness with the 802.11 card.  It's a Intel Pro
3945ABG, which appears to be supported by the wpi driver.  Rebuilding
the kernel with wpi support causes the NIC to be detected and a
wpi0 interface is created, but when I do "ifconfig wpi0 up" I get
a message that the radio transmitter is turned off.

?

I've searched through the BIOS and the card is enabled everywhere I can
find.  Perusing both the ifconfig and the wpi man page hasn't clued me
in to what I can do to turn the radio on.  My google searches have
turned up nothing but pointers to the wpi driver source code.

Any advice/pointers will be welcome at this stage. :)

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com