Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 1996 15:44:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        antonio carlos alves urbano <cg9305@mat.uc.pt>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Installating FreeBSD

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, antonio carlos alves urbano wrote:

> 	1. I want to install FreeBSD on a slave hard drive(on the entire
> drive).
> 	The question is what i must to do to "create" the boot manager record.
> 	(all the steps, please).

If you need to install it manually:

1. grab 'bootinst.exe' and 'boot.bin' off the CDROM or ftp site.
2.  From DOS (not win95), run bootinst on your FIRST disk.

> 	2. I wish to install FreeBSD from the master hard drive (C:).
> 	I know i must creat a directory named C:\FREEBSD and inside it put the
> distributions i want to install.
> 	With the BIN distribution things work correctly, but did not with the
> MANUAL PAGES,e.g.
> 	All i want to know is exactly what are the directories i need to create
> for each distribution
> 	(all of them).

c:\freebsd\bin -> bin dist, bin.inf, install.sh, checksum.md5
c:\freebsd\manpages -> manpages.*, manpages.inf, install.sh, checksum.md5
c:\freebsd\doc -> doc.* ....

and so forth...  This is covered in INSTALL..DOC.

Don't forget the inf file!