Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 1995 18:02:04 -0700
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        TBTSEPAS@trn.ts9.teale.ca.gov
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppd setup

    Shahin> "sorry- ppp not available on this system". Could you give
    Shahin> me some direction as to why I can't run pppd on my 486
    Shahin> system.

You need to configure your kernel.  Add this line to your kernel
configuration file:

	pseudo-device   ppp     <N>               #Point-to-point protocol

where <N> is the number of simultaneous pppd connections you want to
support.  Then configure, compile and install the kernel.  The FreeBSD
handbook has thorough instructions that'll help you do that.  If
you've got FreeBSD 2.1, see

	file:/usr/share/doc/handbook/kernelconfig.html

Otherwise, try:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

I was watching the Superbowl with my 92 year old grandfather. The team
scored a touchdown.  They showed the instant replay. He thought they
scored another one.  I was gonna tell him, but I figured the game *he*
was watching was better. -- Steven Wright