Date:      Thu, 11 May 1995 16:51:01 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@root.com>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@Shockwave.COM>
Cc:        Danny Boulet <danny@nahanni.BouletFermat.ab.ca>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org, ugen@netvision.net.il
Subject:   Re: Security options for NFS?

>  > I've got FreeBSD 2.0 on a CD-ROM so I can provide diffs that should allow
>  > ipfirewall v2.0 to be installed on FreeBSD 2.0.  Unfortunately, I don't
>  > run FreeBSD on any machine that I've got access to so I can't test the
>  > diffs (I use BSD/OS v2.0 for all my ipfirewall development).  Contact me
>  > directly (danny@bouletfermat.ab.ca) if you're interested in these diffs.
>  > Once someone running FreeBSD has verified that they work, I'll include them
>  > in my standard release.
>  >
>  > -Danny
>  >
>  > P.S. A bound 30 page user's guide is provided to those who contribute the
>  > suggested minimum shareware amount ($60 Canadian or roughly $44 US these
>  > days).
>
>Hi, it's generally our policy to not incorporate shareware into the base
>operating system.  The ipfirewall code present in FreeBSD 2.0 was writen by
>Ugen J.S. Antsilevich (ugen@netvision.net.il) to be a look-and-feel clone
>of yours (but not using any of your actual code).

   What gives you that idea? From ip_fw.c:

/*
 * Copyright (c) 1993 Daniel Boulet
 * Copyright (c) 1994 Ugen J.S.Antsilevich
 *
 * Redistribution and use in source forms, with and without modification,

   And the original commit message:

revision 1.1
date: 1994/10/28 15:09:46;  author: jkh;  state: Exp;
IP Firewall code from Daniel Boulet and J.S.Antsilevich
Submitted by:   danny ugen

-DG