Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 07:17:57 -0800
From:      David Stern <dstern@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UFS, rc.local, afterstep, ext2, package docs,  libraster/depends

On Sun, 07 Mar 1999 11:12:16 GMT, Ben Smithurst wrote:
> David Stern wrote:
>
> > 2.) Where's the elusive /etc/rc.local that I'm supposed to start things
> > like apache in?
>
> It's not in the tree anymore, but rc still uses it. Just create one
> of your own and it will still work. Some people would say rc.local is
> old fashioned and that you should use /usr/local/etc/rc.d instead. I
> disagree, I prefer rc.local. Some ports do put their startup scripts in
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d automatically, so you won't need to edit rc.local.

I'll investigate that.  Thanks.

> > 3.) Where is the afterstep 1.6 configuration files that I'm supposed to
> > copy into the user's home directory so I can configure my AS menus,
> > wharf, et.al..? All I get is the ~/GNUstep/Library/Afterstep/non-configu
> > rable/* the first time I run afterstep.  I read the afterstep doc, and
> > the configurable files are nowhere to be found.
>
> If you installed from the port, /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep. If they're
> not there, try /usr/local/share/afterstep. If they're not there,

Got it!

> > 5.) Where are all the docs for the packages (sendmail, mh, procmail)?
>
> man sendmail
> man mh
> man procmail
>
> :-)

Yeah, yeah! :-)  I meant the extended docs (configuration, examples,
tutorials) like I might find in /usr/doc/packagename on some other
unices.  I wasn't very clear.

Anyone know how to mount an ext2 partition?  I've got linux support in
kernel, linuxlib port installed.

Thanks,
--
David