Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:47:09 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        aa <mybaby1@libero.it>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Unimplemented syscalls in linux emulation mode

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

> hello everyone,
> please help me,while installing the linux_base-7.1.5 i would know WHAT'S =
>=20
> linux: sysctl: unhandled name=3D{1,23}
>  linux: syscall syslog is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=3D1460)
>  linux: syscall syslog is obsoleted or not implemented (pid=3D1460)

This means, that the process with id 1460 has requested a system call
that is not implemented in FreeBSD's Linux emulation layer.

(In case you don't know: System calls are made by user programs that
want to request a service from the kernel, like reading from a file,
etc.. The Linux emulation layer maps Linux system calls into FreeBSD
ones.

To verify whether your installation was successful (which I assume),
just try to run a Linux program.

Simon

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX--