Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 1995 00:46:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        hsu@cs.hut.fi (Heikki Suonsivu)
Cc:        nate@sneezy.sri.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support charges ( was Re: SUP target for -STABLE...)

Heikki Suonsivu writes:

>    > I'm happy to pay for *actual* support which I receive, but my feel on this
>    > is that I am not going to pay for a staffer full-time if the work that he or
>    > she produces goes back to *everyone*.
>
>    Wow, I hope I'm parsing this in-correctly, but my impression is that
>    *if* you pay for support, you don't want the fixes to go to anyone else.
>
> I'm only willing to pay for support if the fixes are passed to everyone.
> This also includes NetBSD folks in here, I won't support anything which
> takes *BSD* further apart.

(This should be on non-existent -policy list...)

I expect that to get support from the FreeBSD community
anything that gets done should be in the spirit of
the BSD style copyright.  This would mean that fixes would be available to
the NetBSD folk but not folded in and tested.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936