Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:23:56 +0300
From:      Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.0 and Dell notebooks

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 01:34:09PM -0800, Lars Eggert wrote:

> >>This has been discussed in the "ACPI video driver (for Dell Latitude
> >>C640)" thread last August. The symptoms are actually a bit different:
> >>The screens stays on on suspend, and goes black on resume. The machine
> >>is still live after resume, and can be rebooted by typing blindly. I
> >>believe this is a problem with certain ATI cards (mine, on a Latitude
> >>C600, for example.)

I'm afraid it's not ATI-related. I have Latitude CPi with NeoMagic2160 -
suspend works ok, but at resume screen goes on for a second and then off.

Machine is live after resume too, blind reboot works ok.

Another note: after resume I tried to work with the machine using ssh
consoles - after some time (not so long - about minute or so) it completely
hangs repeating some strange ACPI error. Sorry, can't repeat it for now
and no traces left in dmesg/messages..

> >>Someone (Mark Santcroos?) was going to fiddle with the ATI driver, but
> >>nothing has ever materialized that I'm aware off.
> >>
> >>This is *the* key issue that makes -current on these Dell laptops
> >>unpleasant, everything else has been working great for months.

Any chance to get it working?

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN