Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:01:04 +1100
From:      "David Dean" <dave.dean@gmail.com>
To:        "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What laptop do you recommend?

mm, well I run a Dell 700m .. the widescreen 12" one with built-in wireless=
.

I'm using the fantastic iwi-firmware (so yes, the wireless works), and
855patch to get 1280x800 (the native res of the lcd) working. I have a
very quick document on what I did to get that going at
http://bratdot.info/cub1cle/projects/700m/

Accelerated graphics have never worked, but I just run Konsoles and
Kmail .. so I dont miss it.

The winmodem doesnt work, but thats about it.

I havent missed anything else that didnt work 'out of the box' on 6. I
ran 5.4 on there for a while as well, and the only thing I had to add
was UHCI to the generic kernel (so I could do backups before the
heat-death of the universe).

YMMV, but they are cheap, small and light.

-David