Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:49:34 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   I'm impressed, but ...

Hi guys -

I accidently upgraded my workstation to -CURRENT over the weekend (forgot a
tag=RELENG_4 in my supfile and let it cook).  It being a workstation and
containing no critical data, I decided to just stick with it and give it a go.

The machine's been running for a day and a bit now, and it appears to be quite
stable, but there's a couple of things worrying me.  I'd be happy to help
analyse the problems further if someone tells me how :-)

 1. When I boot my machine, it gives me the following messages:

  | [...]
  | vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
  | unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
  | unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources (irq)
  | unknown: <PNP0c02> can't assign resources (port)
  | unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources (port)
  | unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources (port)
  | unknown: <PNP0401> can't assign resources (port)
  | unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources (port)
  | Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
  | ahc0: Someone reset channel A
  | [...]

  All my hardware (the stuff I've tested anyway) appears to work.  Any idea
  which device is being unknown, or how I could find out?

 2. This one's the most irritating.  I use Mutt as my mailclient using
    Maildirs for storage.  It occasionally happens that Mutt just 'hangs'
	reading a directory, and there's no way for me to kill it.  Ps axl shows
	it as being in state Ds or Ds+ and blocked by ufs.

 3. I can't seem to restart my machine properly.  This might be related to the
    above, as the only reason for me to restart the machine is the fact that I
	can't kill Mutt however much I try, and really would like to read my mail.
	It will sync disks and say 'done', but then it just sits there doing
	nothing until I flip the power-switch.

As I said, I'm happy to help analyse and debug these issues, but I don't know
where to look :-)

Thanks :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  The only way to make up for being lost is to make
  record time while you are lost.