Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:53:13 +0200
From:      Oliver Peter <hoschi@mouhaha.de>
To:        n j <nino80@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: postfix question

--LiQwW4YX+w4axhAx

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 09:27:48AM +0200, n j wrote:
> Hello,

Hello Nino,
=20
> does anybody know is it possible with Postfix to "route" e-mail based
> on either the inet interface message came from or the sender of a
> message? I'm using Postfix v.2.3.8 on a multihomed machine and have
> two smtpd's defined in master.cf. What I would like is that mail
> submitted through smtpd that is listening on A.B.C.D goes out through
> the smtp client that binds to A.B.C.D and the rest of the mail go
> through the other smtp client. The problem as I see it is that, once
> messages arrive in the queue, it becomes irrelevant where they came
> from and the only "routing" that is available is recipient-based.
>=20
> Thanks for any suggestions!

Would it help to pimp your transport map?

#        In the case of delivery via SMTP, one  may  specify  host-
#        name:service instead of just a host:
#
#             example.com      smtp:bar.example:2025

You can replace bar.example with the IP address of the other
interface.
It works with my DBmail configuration.

--=20
Oliver PETER, email: hoschi@mouhaha.de, ICQ# 113969174
"Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave."

--LiQwW4YX+w4axhAx

--LiQwW4YX+w4axhAx--