Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:13:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies resources - please check

Looks good!

The correct name of the newsgroup is comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc, if
we're talking about the same one.

You might want to extend the list of newgroups even further, noting
that there are newsgroups for various software.  There's a newsgroup
for newsreaders, for pine, for shells (comp.unix.shells, I think) and
so forth, as well as newsgroups for programming languages, hardware,
and so forth.

The newuser tutorial is also available at
http://andrsn.stanford.edu/newuser.html, and
by anonymous ftp in either postscript or rich text format at
ftp andrsn.stanford.edu in the pub directory, which are good for
printing.

Finally, it would be useful to have a description of where to go
(maybe the answer is as simple as the tutorial; I'm not sure) to
get the information on configuring ppp.  This seems to be something
virtually everyone needs to do and it is the MFAQ--the most
frequently asked question.

	Annelise