Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23528: update md5 for databases/gigabase (by maintainer)

The following reply was made to PR ports/23528; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To: osa@FreeBSD.org.ru
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:10:43 +0200

 On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 08:51:16PM +0300, osa@FreeBSD.org.ru wrote:

 > >Number:         23528
 > >Category:       ports
 > >Synopsis:       update md5 for databases/gigabase (by maintainer)
 > >Originator:     Sergey A. Osokin
 > >Release:        FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE i386
 > >Environment:
 >
 > 	FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE i386

 > 	update md5 for databases/gigabase (by maintainer)

 Would you by any chance happen to have the old distfile around, so you
 can compare the two and see what changed to change the checksum?  It is
 very probable that nothing important changed, just a reroll, or maybe
 a minor patch added; but there have been cases in the past that MD5
 checksum changes have indicated backdoored distribution sites with fake
 distribution tarballs - I believe that was the reason the MD5 checksums
 were introduced in the first place :)

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 This sentence every third, but it still comprehensible.